Mission Projects Schools
C.PP.S. Mission Projects operates two Mission Schools:
St. Gaspar Primary and John Merlini Secondary.
Managed by Father Francis Bartoloni, C.PP.S., our schools provide a quality education to close to 1000 students per year.
Currently, there are 32 teachers at St. Gaspar teaching primary grades.
The 6 kindergarten teachers have additional training in the Montessori philosophy of education.
At John Merlini there are 8 teachers conducting classes for Form 1 & Form 2.
As students progress, Form 3-Form 6 will be added each subsequent year.
Eligible teachers have a minimum of a certificate of qualification.
In the chart below there is a breakdown of the qualifications for our current staff of teachers at both Mission Projects Schools.
Additionally, it takes quite a few staff to ensure the schools run efficiently and effectively while providing a safe and nurturing environment for our students.
St. Gaspar Primary School
Established in 2007
SCHOOL MOTTO: “Education for empowerment”
SCHOOL VISION: Excellence and better life is possible to all children of the world.
SCHOOL MISSION: To give instruction aimed to instill in students an open mind and spirit, both filled with an inner strength, and confidence in oneself and God, as well as a spirit of hard work towards achievement of a successful life filled with service to others.
National Exams for St. Gaspar Primary School students are to be written:
September 13-15th, 2016
All schools in Tanzania are ranked nationally each year.
Below you will find the most recent results for St. Gaspar Primary School.
As John Merlini only opened in January of 2015, the school results are not yet available.
John Merlini Secondary School
Established in 2015
SCHOOL MOTTO: Education for service in solidarity
SCHOOL MISSION: The mission of Merlini Secondary School is to provide qualified education to young men and women with good intellectual capacities and to accompany them to fully developing their human, intellectual and spiritual talents to achieve a mature personality. Merlini Sec. School gives first option to students who have successfully completed Primary School at St. Gaspar Primary School and come from Miyuji and Msalato Wards of Dodoma Municipality.
SCHOOL VISION: The vision of John Merlini Secondary School is to graduate young men and women and accompany them to be:
· Open to Growth. Committed to always search for new horizons for their own development and the development of others. Learning is not just personal but social.
· Insightful and Well judged Becoming able to reflect personally and with others and to asses and evaluate in the context of today what they learn.
· God-fearing. Discovering that fullness of life is in God at the service of others.
· Concerned for Justice. Dedicated to a life of relationship and solidarity recognizing that none is “stranger” but all are equal and have the same dignity as brothers and sisters. The Social Teaching of the Church commits all to an incisiveanalysis of social conditions; to make judgments in light of values such as dignity, justice, and solidarity; and to actwith the needs of “the least of our brothers and sisters” in mind.
· Implementing Mwal. J.K. Nyerere vision: Education must work for the common good, foster co-operation and promote equality. Education as the principal means to self-reliance
Our Mission Projects Schools abide fully by the requirements laid out by the Tanzanian government.
The educational system is based on the 7-4-2-3 system: 7 years of primary school, followed by 4 years of secondary school, (Forms 1-4), followed by two more years (Forms 5-6).
After the final year of secondary school – the thirteenth year – students can go on to a two-year institution and receive a diploma in specialized area, i.e. teachers college, or attend university and complete a Bachelor’s degree in three years.
Below is the current curriculum of John Merlini Secondary School.
National Exams for John Merlini Secondary School students will be written:
November 14th-18th, 2016
Father Francis Bartoloni, C.PP.S. is the Manager of the Mission Projects Schools. You can learn more about Father here.
Learn more about our Mission Projects schools here!
Our Mission Projects schools are dedicated to ensuring that children have access to quality education no matter their financial circumstances. There are many students in need of sponsors to ensure they can attend school, learn and become the change-makers of tomorrow. To meet some of our bright and deserving students, click here!
See an aerial view of our schools via Google Earth here!
To keep up with the wonderful happenings at our Mission Project Schools, visit: C.PP.S. Education Tanzania